Please continue to keep the North Coventry Food Pantry in mind during your shopping trips. For the October distribution they are in need of toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, baby wipes and feminine pads. They also need plastic and paper grocery bags. Please drop off any donations at the studio.
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Pottstown’s High Street Yoga; Room to Stretch, Quiet to Reflect
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Tips to Finding Balance during the Holidays with Yoga
• Live fully in the moment. Allow yourself to be fully present in with out looking ahead or mentally crossing off the ‘to do’s’
• Accept “what is”….Give up wanting what you don't already have and learn how to accept what you cannot change. During the holidays this yogic philosophy is especially important. Plans change, the ‘perfect’ gift can’t be found, cookies burn. If you are feeling overwhelmed try experimenting with this yogic affirmation: Breathe in and think to yourself, "What I have is enough." Breathe out and think, "What I am is enough." Breathe in and think, "What I do is enough." Breathe out and think, "What I've achieved is enough."
• Let go of attachments… You may have an idea of the perfect holiday visit or dinner with friends and family. Sometimes things may not go as you imagined. Let go and learn to look at all the planning the gifts and the love that went into the event rather. Release expectations and disappointments.
• Look at the calendar as a whole and try not over schedule. Accept invitations with joy and say no with love.
• Most importantly reclaim family time. Spend time together, quietly enjoying the spirit of the season.