Pottstown’s High Street Yoga; Room to Stretch, Quiet to Reflect

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

30 Day Yoga Challenge Day 30!





As I sit looking out at the icy landscape I think of the irony of another storm on the last day of the challenge! I do believe yoga everyday helped me face storm after storm during the month of January with a clear head and a bit more patience and maybe even a stronger back.

30 Days ago 24 Yogis and I set out on a 30 Day Yoga Challenge with the intention of doing yoga for at least 10 minutes everyday. My hope was that the on line ‘virtual’ group would motivate and support each of us on our journey. It was that and more.

We began sharing podcasts, stories and Susan inspired us each day with a new motivational quote. Many shared stories of doing yoga with their husbands! Yea for the hubbies! Others found themselves doing Tree Pose in the most unlikely places and others discovered comfort in settling into their own yoga routine. Many of us sampled the Comcast on Demand Yoga selection; some with success, some with challenge. We were awed and inspired by Rainbeau Mars. And mostly we felt a sense of community and kinship. The feeling that we were all working together yet on our own.

Reflecting on the past 30 days I feel a sense of accomplishment, pride, energy, community, love, need I go on? My journey was more then I could have hoped for. On a physical level, I challenged myself with some advanced poses. On an emotional level I recognized that my practice had become stuck while grieving my parents. On a spiritual level I challenged myself to be more mindful with family and friends and to really appreciate the small things.

This journey is not over for me. I will continue a daily practice and continue to deepen my practice. I will have contact with the 30 dayers beyond the challenge! I’m grateful my circle has widened.

It seems appropriate to close in the spirit of Susan with one of my favorite passages that she shared.

I Wish You Enough....

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye

Namaste’

No comments:

Post a Comment