Pottstown’s High Street Yoga; Room to Stretch, Quiet to Reflect

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Messages

The first signs of fall; the cool crisp mornings, changes in the air, leaves and sky leave me feeling bittersweet. With those beautiful changes comes the beginning of the school year for my children. I love having them home in the summer and having a job that can allow me to be both with them and work. So when September rolls around, I move forward with a sense of dread. The relaxed lazy summer days have come to an end and in my world the chaos begins.

As parents, my husband and I, make an effort to balance outside activities with home and down time. We try very hard not to over schedule our children. But, with three children, managing their schedule and mine is a part time job in itself. Yesterday, the chaos began, with our annual first day trip to the ice cream parlor after school, the mounds of paperwork, homework, photos needed for lockers (that required a trip to the drug store to print them) dinner and alas my Tuesday night yoga class. I woke this morning to lunches, backpacks, choosing clothes, brushing hair battles and trying to get to my morning yoga class. That’s when I checked my e-mail and found this wonderful message from a local Reiki Master and Mediation teacher I know.

"PEACE. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work, it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." As we embrace a New season with New routines and New structure, remember to find your own personal PEACE and Live it. With that New sense of PEACE you gain Greater Inner Strength.

THAT is exactly the message I needed. Earlier in the morning I remember thinking, “I need to find a way to embrace all of this or I will drive myself crazy!” And the message was there for me…Just when I needed it. In this time of fall and change and new routines, I hope you can find peace, inner strength and joy in the chaos of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment